INTERNATIONAL TRAINING COURSES
Helideck Inspector Awareness Training (HIAT)
All OIMs, HLOs, HDAs, Air Crew and safety personnel, or agencies with an interest in Helideck standards and operations should consider undertaking this formal training.
Courses can be delivered either on site or during an Aeronautical Enterprises training session held periodically in Melbourne. Contact Aeronautical Enterprises for our next training session date.
- Group HIAT Packages available for 5, 10 and 20+ Delegates
- Combined HLO and Offshore Meteorological Weather Interpretation Training course
- Combined HLO + Offshore Meteorological Weather Interpretation Training course integrated with a CAP 437 Helideck Inspection
- Offshore Meteorological Weather Interpretation Training course
The primary reference course material is;
- International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) - Annex 14 Part II Heliports
- United Kingdom Civil Aviation Publication (CAP) 437 Standards
Included references, as relevant per local operations, e.g.;
- Malaysian DCA, ASD 904
- Petronas Technical Standards PTS 20.053
- Shell SES 95.4
- Consultavia dispensation for the S92 & EC225 - etc.
And an overview of the following:
- IOGP (International Association of Oil & Gas producers) Standard
- ICAO Heliports Manual
- UKOOA North Sea Standards
- Regulation BSL D 5-1 (Norway)
- API heliport design 2L
- Best Global Industry Practice
Flight Safety is the globally recognised leader for Helideck Inspection Awareness Training.
International Group Bookings
Group bookings of 5 delegates or more for international courses may be eligible for a substantial course fee discount. Email Aeronautical Enterprises or complete our Aeronautical Enterprises Training Course Enquiry Form to find our how much a group booking could save your company.
Additional Awareness Courses
HLSO – Helicopter Landing Site Officer Training:
1 Day course
HLSO training provides you with the knowledge and skills you need to work as a Helicopter Landing Site Officer.
- Safety procedures when working in and around rotary wing aircraft
- The roles and responsibilities of an HLSO
- How to prepare and operate a variety of helicopter landing sites
- How to identify and manage risks at a helicopter landing site
- How to deal with helicopter emergencies and incidents
ALAR/CFIT – Approach & Landing Accident Reduction/Controlled Flight Into Terrain:
1 Day course (can be combined as a one day course with the colour weather radar & TCAS courses)
The following graph highlights the need:
2 Day course
The Accident Investigation Course provides a pragmatic methodology used to investigate any accident, incident and analysis of the causal factors. Attendees will get practical experience using tools to ensure consistent reporting as it is required in Safety Management Systems. It uses the model developed by James Reason combined with Human Factors Classification and Analysis (HFACS) and the Human Factors Intervention Matrix (HFIX) developed by Scott Schappel and Ernest Wiegman. Overview: Outline of Accident Investigation, reference ICAO - Annex 13, ATSB and international accident investigation organisations as appropriate.
- James Reason's - TRIPOD model
- Background, Tripod Incident Causation Model
- Incidents/Accidents includes 'Unsafe Acts', Trends in Safety, Controlling the Uncontrollable
- General Failure Types, Fallible Decisions and Root Causes
- Human Factors Analysis and Classification System (HFACS)
- Human Factors Intervention Matrix (HFIX)
- Interactive Team Exercises
Colour Weather Radar + TCAS + EGPWS
1 Day course (can be combined as a one day course with the colour weather radar & TCAS courses).
- Learning Outcomes
- System Operation
- Cautions, Warnings & Limitations
All courses have relevant material provided, a post training quiz is undertaken with a Aeronautical Enterprises Certificate of Awareness presented for successful candidates.
Contact us now for further information regarding group bookings, presenters, competencies, training venue set up, quotations and any additional queries.
* Minimum numbers apply for all courses (excludes Aeronautical Enterprises online courses).