HELICOPTER LANDING OFFICER (HLO) - Recurrency Training
The Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) - Recurrency Training is a 2-day course developed out of Flight Safety's in-depth experience with offshore Helideck Inspector Awareness Training and onshore HLSO (Helicopter Landing Site Officer) courses.
The HLO course can be delivered either on site or during an Aeronautical Enterprises training session held periodically in Melbourne. Contact Aeronautical Enterprises for our next training session date.
The course aim is to equip the delegate with the required knowledge and understanding to perform the role of offshore HLO safely and effectively.
The HLO course is divided into the following 5 modules, followed by an end of course quiz:
Module 1: Offshore Helideck Regulations and Guidelines
Module 2: Helicopter and Helideck Hazards and Management Systems
Module 3: HLO Responsibilities during Helicopter Landing and Departure
Module 4: Supervision of Passenger and Cargo Handling
Module 5: Emergency Procedures
- Review pertinent international helideck operational law, industry guidance and best practice – with particular emphasis on ICAO Annex 14, Volume II and CAP 437
- Review helideck markings, equipment and features - includes the management of foam fire fighting, extinguishers, hand-lines, PPE, crash box and associated equipment
- Assert the importance of compliance with CAP 437
- Understand typical hazards associated with offshore helideck operations
- Understand meteorological requirements for offshore helicopter operations
- Clearly define the roles and responsibilities of the HLO
- Assess HLO procedures and practice
- To introduce the concept of risk assessment and risk management
- Consider what makes an effective individual HLO and what constitutes an effective team
- Examples of actual offshore incident investigations
The HLO course is delivered by ISO 9001:2015 qualified, commercial pilots and approved Helideck Inspectors.
This course can also be grouped with a condensed VHF air-band Radio Operator Recurrence Training and an Offshore Meteorological Weather Interpretation Training course.
2-Day Training Course fee: $1,600 + GST per delegate, lunch and refreshment supplied.
Visit Course Registration to secure your place and for full details on how to register and Aeronautical Enterprises Terms and Conditions.
Group Bookings Onshore, Offshore or International
Group bookings of 5 delegates or more for onshore, offshore or international courses may be eligible for a substantial course fee discount. Email Aeronautical Enterprises or complete our Aeronautical Enterprises Training Enquiry Form to find out how much a group booking could save your company.
* Minimum numbers apply for all courses.