FLIGHT SAFETY HELIDECK INSPECTION AWARENESS TRAINING (HIAT)
Flight Safety Training Pty Ltd is calling for expressions of interest for the upcoming Helideck Inspection Awareness Training courses:
22nd and 23rd March 2017 (subject to minimum numbers)
A 'Certificate of Awareness Training' is issued to all participants. Courses are held at our traditional venue at the Flight Safety office on the Sunshine Coast.
Flight Safety Training Pty Ltd provide detailed courses that replicate the UK CAA helideck courses presented in Aberdeen and in addition will include information gleaned from local operations.
The Flight Safety Helideck Inspector Awareness course has now been extended to include onshore HLS (Helicopter Landing Site) design and an in-depth profile on HLSO (Helicopter Landing Site Officer) training.
All the relevant documentation associated with offshore Helideck and onshore HLS operations is provided as part of the course material.
Course fee: AUD$1,600 + GST per delegate, lunch and refreshment supplied.
The course, based on the UK CAP 437 Standard industry norm - recognised by all major oil and gas exploration companies operating offshore, provides an effective inspection regime with associated legal and insurance coverage.
It has become evident that Helideck Inspection Awareness Training is not only critical to the Helideck inspection approval process but also to each crew member operating offshore, as in the final analysis the crew members, or specifically the pilot-in-command, has final responsibility for ensuring that the Helicopter Landing Site or Helideck is fit for purpose – this is not viable without formal awareness training.
In addition all HLO's involved in issuing the final clearance to land on the Helideck, should have undergone this training.
Other persons or agencies with an interest in Helideck standards (e.g. national civil aviation authorities, governmental health and safety executives, offshore oil and gas representative organisations) should also consider the formal training process.
Flight Safety Helideck Certification Pty Ltd as an integral component of the HCA/Global Helideck inspection network has access to critical Helideck Committee amendment and update improvement processes.
Due to the constant changes, refresher training should take place at two yearly intervals – the refresher course requirement is covered in one day.
The two day Helideck Inspector Awareness Training Course covers as a baseline the United Kingdom Civil Aviation Publication 437 Standard, (Seventh edition incorporating Amendment 01/2013), also included, as relevant –
- Australian CASR 1998/CAR 1988/Civil Aviation Act 1988/CAO's and CAAP's
- International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) - Annex 14 Part II Heliports
- IOGP (International Association of Oil & Gas producers) Standard
- ICAO Heliports Manual
- UKOOA North Sea Standards
- Best Global Industry Practice
The Course includes but is not limited to:
- Basic auditing and inspection technique
- Inspector equipment requirements
- Offshore Installation protocols and procedures
- National regulatory requirements
- CAP 437 update differences
- Landing area dimensions, surface, lighting and markings
- Helideck equipment, including -
- Rescue and fire-fighting arrangements
- Radio Equipment
- Meteorological Equipment
- Standard Helideck Monitoring Systems
- Approach Aids
- Safety Nets/Helideck and Perimeter
- Turbulence created by superstructure and/or exhausts
- Access stairways
- Obstruction Environment
- Protective Clothing
- Refuelling Facility
- Helideck Crew
- Documentation requirements
Training: Cross check on all training requirements
- Dangerous goods
- Weather Observer
- VHF Radio licencing
New Build Certification Technique:
New Builds are assessed for CAP 437 compliancy at the design stage, during construction and at final commissioning before operations commence. An overview of these processes is included.
The course also highlights the particular duties placed upon personnel involved in Helideck operations
- Helicopter Company Personnel
- Offshore Installation Personnel
- Logistics and HSE Managers
- Personnel required to perform inspections of helicopter landing areas