FLIGHT SAFETY HELIDECK CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Flight Safety Helideck Certification Pty Ltd specialises in the provision of external aviation audit services and the management of aviation risk for a broad spectrum of clients nationally and internationally.
Helideck Inspection is the main service we provide to clients, specialising in offshore helidecks for the resources industries.
Helicopter Landing Site (HLS) Design
Flight Safety Helideck Certification Pty Ltd with in-depth experience in offshore Helideck and on-shore Helicopter Landing Site inspections provides new build, new design and design modification Certification for Helidecks and Helicopter Landing Sites in accordance with UKCAP 437, I.C.A.O. Annex 14 VOL II, Australian CAAP 92-2(1) guidelines and national regulatory requirements. More about our HLS Service.
A friction test of a helideck surface is a requirement if a landing net is not utilised. CAP 437 Chapter 3 Section 7 states:- "A review of helideck friction measurement techniques has concluded that the test method should involve a friction measuring device that:
- employs the braked wheel technique;
- is able to control the wetness of the deck during testing;
- includes electronic data collection, storage & processing;
- allows the whole deck surface to be covered to a resolution of not less than 1 square metre.
The minimum average surface friction value of 0.65mu should be achieved across the area inside the TD/PM, outside the TD/PM and on the painted markings themselves." FSHC carry out friction testing using the Micro Grip Tester which is the only type that currently meets CAP 437 requirements. This was adapted for use by the manufacturer Findlay Irvine in conjunction with HCA.
The testing is carried out by fully trained staff and an electronic print out is included in the written report provided on conclusion. Refer to UK CAA Paper 98002 for a full discussion about helideck friction and testing in addition to the information in CAP 437. CAA Presentation on Helideck Friction (PDF)
FSHC now has an approved Findlay Irvine Friction Tester based in Perth to better service the West Australian offshore oil and gas industry.
Development of tailored Helicopter Landing Site (HLO) Manuals to suit your specific requirements. HLO Manuals provide guidelines for the safe conduct of helicopter operations and associated activities at permanent and semi-permanent Helicopter Landing Sites.
The requirements are based on the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) Annex 14 "Heliports", UK CAP 437, OPITO Approved Standard and the Australian Civil Aviation Advisory Publication CAAP 92-2 and the Operator Safety Case.
Helideck Inspection Awareness Training
We offer advanced Helideck Inspection Awareness Training based on the UK's CAP 437 standard, the most widely accepted helideck standard globally. The two day courses are arranged at venues globally, to suit client convenience, up to a maximum of ten attendees. For further information, please read the Course Outline or for enquiries or bookings contact us.
Flight Safety Helideck Certification Pty Ltd ISO 9001:2015 Quality Policy
Within this high risk realm we are committed to exceeding the expectations of our clients and the industry by surpassing contract performance and maintaining a high level of integrity to ensure that safety is always the predominant consideration.
We value the skills, professionalism, ethics and commitment of our staff and are committed to providing them the resources and opportunity to develop their initiative, talents and creativity to maximise their contribution for the success of our company and the continued satisfaction of our clients.
As a team we strive, at all times, to both protect and enhance the reputation of Flight Safety Helideck Certification Pty Ltd for providing the highest standard of quality in all its activities.
To that end, and in our commitment to continual improvement, we have established quality and management systems, based on the international standard ISO 9001:2015 as well as the Safety System requirements of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority of Australia (CASA).
The Managing Director, as the Accountable Manager, is directly responsible for the performance of this Quality Management System.
The Company’s commitment, as a provider of external aviation audit and risk management services, together with other aviation support services is dedicated to the following:
- A clear vision of the company’s policies, goals and objectives.
- The continuous development and upgrading of training programs.
- The achievement of the highest levels of safety through the continual development and maintenance of a corporate ‘culture’ focusing on quality and safety. We are determined to create a safe working environment for all personnel in all our operations.
- Provision, to our clients, of the highest standard of reliability and performance at a competitive price.
- The development and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships with clients and service providers alike.
- Provision of all necessary resources and support to ensure the effective operation of the Company’s quality and safety systems.
- Involvement of all staff in the continual improvement of the Company’s processes.
- Regular monitoring and reviewing of all Company systems and processes to ensure continual compliance and improvement.
- The constructive use of feedback from customers and staff to identify opportunities for improvement and rectify shortcomings in our service.